Saturday, May 30, 2020

Cannon Cruisers GAIDEN ~ Episode 8 - The Perfect Weapon (1991)


Once again I went for a bit of a curve-ball for this Gaiden episode. Since we watch Cannon movies, and it's been awhile since we got to share any with you, I decided to cover the next best thing this week. This ain't a Cannon movie. However it captures much of the spirit of one in an age when action movies were beginning to die out. It also hits every trope hard and manages fits the era well. Cannon might not have made it--but they could have.

This week we're looking at an action movie starring the overlooked Jeff Speakman in 1991's The Perfect Weapon. This is a martial arts action flick that no one ever talks about, yet I am not quite sure why. Tune in to see just what you've missed and hear my ramble incoherently about the 1990s action movie scene. It's worth it, I promise.

JD's rating: Recommended



Up Next: PM Entertainment Intro!

No comments:

Post a Comment