Sunday, July 8, 2018

Summer Special #1 - The Miami Connection (1987) [Non-Cannon ~ Episode 10]



For the next few weeks, Cannon Cruisers are going to be doing a bit of a side project. We're going to be covering a few Non-Cannon films that we've never got around to that are a bit out of the way. We'll be continuing with regular episodes afterwards, but for now enjoy the summer festivities! This week we start with the cult classic The Miami Connection.

This was one I had heard about third-hand, but never thought I could see. It was a rarity on VHS and went unreleased on DVD for years afterwards. Then Drafthouse Films re-released this on Blu-Ray with a HD remaster for a tenner, and I had no excuse. I'm a big fan of buddy movies and action flicks, and this one is supposed to be a cult classic on top of it. So how can I lose?

Turns out that I didn't. Full impressions in the episode.

Randy's Score: 4/5
JD's Score: 4/5


Up Next: The Gate

No comments:

Post a Comment